Really late this month with this. Here we go:
- Skylight Books: Fri 5/7 7:30, the great Greil Marcus and When That Rough God Goes Riding; Fri 5/14 7:30, acclaimed graphic-novel artist Daniel Clowes with Wilson.
- Book Soup: Tues 5/11 7pm, Brady Udall and his new novel, The Lonely Polygamist; Sat 5/29 5pm, Glen David Gold and Sunnyside.
- Vroman’s: Thurs 5/13 7pm, Jane Smiley and Private Life; Mon 5/24 7pm, Julie Orringer with Invisible Bridge.
- The New Short Fiction Series: a Mother’s Day show Sun 5/9 7:30pm, Transfer of Qualities & Other Stories by MacArthur Grant recipient Martha Ronk.
- ALOUD presents An Evening with Isabel Allende, Mon 5/10 8pm (at the Aratani/Japan America Theatre, 244 S. San Pedro Street)
June preview: Because I’ve been late the last two months… An early heads-up for two can’t-miss readings at Skylight Books–Aimee Bender (Tues June 1st) with her new novel, The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake; and Steve Almond (Mon June 7th) with Rock and Roll Will Save Your Life.